2.10.2010

Gina La Fornarina

I consider myself a foodie at heart, brunch being my specialty. I happened upon this place last Saturday and fell in love. It's only been open 2 months. It's on the NE corner or 73rd and Amsterdam. It's Italian with pasta's, pizza's and prosciutto but, I had a spinach frittata that was delicious. My friend ordered the Gina's breakfast pizza with eggs, prosciutto and sauce all on the pizza. However, the biggest surprise was their hot chocolate. TDF-to die for! It was more like hot pudding! I always hesitate ordering hot chocolate because it's watered down, not "chocolaty" enough or served lukewarm. Gina serves beautiful presentations, it's family friendly, large menu to choose from and lots of light. They serve lunch and dinner as well. Average meal for brunch was around $12. The service was attentive and we weren't pushed to leave after a 2 hour gossip session with my girlfriend.

279 Amsterdam (73rd)
Take out/Delivery
212-595-6900
gina-lafornarina.com

2 comments:

  1. i love this blog! im pretty sure ill be moving to nyc next year so this will be so helpful!
    also, i'm having a photo contest! you could win a fisheye camera, locket ring, pride &prejudice, and a t-shirt! just enter a picture of your favorite adventure to http://tinyurl.com/ydl7zbz
    i'd love it if you'd spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :/
    we went there for dinner the other day and didn't love it.
    the hot chocolate was good but everything else seemed a bit pricey and not very memorable.
    maybe brunch is the time to go.

    ReplyDelete